Galaxy Y has Been one of the Most Successful Android Devices in India and Various Other Countries. Affordable, Android and Admirable. Although Galaxy Y has been very Popular, I have had Bad Experiences with it.
Continuous Lagging, Slow Processor, Low Internal Memory, ARMv6 GPU,etc are some of the Negative Points to be Considered Before Buying a Galaxy Y. However, most of these Drawbacks can be easily Removed by Rooting your Galaxy Y.
You can OverClock your Device to around 1.2GHz and Can increase You Internal Memory to Around 2- 4GB. Below are the Specifications of an Unrooted, Factory Provided Galaxy Y-
Samsung Galaxy Y S5360-
- 180 MB INTERNAL MEMORY
- 290 MB user available RAM
- Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread)
- 830 MHz ARMv6
YOU MUST ALSO READ-
You can Make Considerable Changes in Your Device by Using Custom ROMs and Kernels. But First You need to Root Your SmartPhone to have SuperUser Rights over Your Galaxy Y.
*ROOTING CAN VOID YOUR WARRANTY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MISHAPS TO YOUR DEVICES DUE TO YOUR MISTAKES*
BEFORE ROOTING ENABLE "USB DEBUGGING" AND "ALLOW UNKNOWN SOURCE INSTALLATION"IN SETTINGSROOTING- (MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW THESE STEPS CAREFULLY)
- First Download the Rooting Setup and Keep it on your Computer's desktop or Any Folder.
- Paste the Downloaded File to your Device SD-Card by Either connecting via USB Cord or Using a Card Reader
- Remove the USB Cord and Shut Down your Cell Phone.
- Now, Reboot by pressing the Volume UP Key, OK button and Power button together. ------------------------->>
- In this Menu, Your Touch Screen will not Work. Use your Volume Buttons to Toggle and Power Button to Select.
- From the menu that opens select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Select “install zip from sd card” and “choose zip from sd card”.
- Pick the File that you had Just Transferred to Your SD-Card.
- This Will take some Time (Mostly Less than 10 minutes)
- In the end select “Go back” and “reboot system now”.
Congratulations! Your Samsung Galaxy Y is Successfully Rooted ;)
You can Download "Root Checker" to Check if Your have Properly Rooted your Device.(Optional)
INSTALLING CUSTOM ROM- (JELLYBLAST V3)
- Make Sure Your Device is Rooted and You have "USB Debugging" Enabled.
- Download the JELLYBLAST V3 and Transfer it to your SD-Card.
- Install "ROM MANAGER" from Play Store and Flash CWM on your Device.
- Turn Off your Phone and Reboot in Recovery Mode (Volume UP Key+ OK button+Power button)
- Wipe data and cache and Dalvik cache.
- Now choose: Install zip from SD card.
- Pick out the Transferred File and Select "Yes".
- Let it Complete its Process and Reboot your Device.
- It might Take Some time to Reboot for the First Time. Please don't Remove Battery or Do any Stunts ;)
- Go through the On-Screen Instructions and Done!!
FEATURES OF JELLYBLAST V3-
- Fully Customizable
- Pre-Rooted with BusyBox
- OTA Updates Allowed
- Based on Stock ROM and Stock Kernel
- Revamped Theme
- Battery Life Boosted!!
- Multiple Memory-Management Tweaks
- Swipe Notifications
- CRT LockScreen Animation <3 font="">3>
- OVER-Clocking and UNDER-Clocking Allowed
- SONY BRAVIA Display Engine
- BEATS Audio Sound Enhancement
- Dolby Digital 3D Surround Sound
- New JellyBean StatusBar
- MUCH MORE!!
You can OverClock Your Processor to 1.2 GHz with MERRUK KERNEL 2.5. However, Changing Kernel might be a better Option for Advanced Users. It is Recommended to Use the Kernel Provided in the ROM by Default. If You did not UnderStand anything written in this Paragraph, just Ignore it :P